Finance and AdministrationSurface Transport & Logistics
Headed by Under SecretaryAdministration, Accounts, Personnel
The Department is headed by the Under Secretary and consists of three divisions namely: Administration, Accounts and Personnel. This Department also coordinates the Procurement and Disposal function although this unit (PDU) is an independent unit reporting directly to Permanent Secretary
The biggest challenge was that Arguzo was not utilizing technology properly. Too much of the work was still being recorded manually, which meant that the numbers took a long time to note down and then to be analyzed. Live data was also not available and decisions can only be made after all the required data and been received. This was holding Arguzo back; they knew they could corner more of the market if they had the ability to be more mobile. The work addressed three critical issues for Pharm Ltd.:
- Improve sales and operations and production planning:
The teams focused their efforts on a few of the highest-value S&OP levers in order to review the current planning process, identify gaps in the planning infrastructure and analytically understand demand and supply variability.
- Determine the right inventory level:
With hundreds of medications in the market, Pharm Ltd. needed a proper method to predict and manage their inventory. Using a mean absolute percentage analysis (MAPE), the teams defined appropriate levels for raw materials and finished products by mapping actual versus forecasted sales on the most important SKUs.
- Optimize the supply chain for perfect order planning:
The diagnostic determined the stressors that affected sales and service levels. The teams focused on resolving issues related to higher-than-normal back-orders and lead times, which stressed the entire supply chain and led to delays in medications reaching consumers.
Main functions of this department are:
- Coordinating the Ministry’s budgetary process;
- Maintaining Financial Accounting Records
- Providing detailed financial information including statutory reporting;
- Ensuring proper maintenance and utilization of facilities including office furniture, equipment, motor vehicles, office premises etc..
- Handling day-to-day administrative matters;
- Providing Human Resource Management Services (e.g recruitment, training, performance appraisal, retirement etc)
- Ensure proper and efficient management of records;
- Promote ethical behavior and ensure competition, economy, efficiency and value for money in all procurement