Finance and Administration
The Department is headed by the Under Secretary and consists of three divisions namely: Administration, Accounts and Personnel. This Department also coordinates the Procurement and Disposal function although this unit (PDU) is an independent unit reporting directly to Permanent Secretary.
Main functions of this department are:
- Coordinating the Ministry's budgetary process;
- Maintaining Financial Accounting Records
- Providing detailed financial information including statutory reporting;
- Ensuring proper maintenance and utilization of facilities including office furniture, equipment, motor vehicles, office premises etc..
- Handling day-to-day administrative matters;
- Providing Human Resource Management Services (e.g recruitment, training, performance appraisal, retirement etc)
- Ensure proper and efficient management of records;
- Promote ethical behaviour and ensure competition, economy, efficiency and value for money in all procurements